Women Build Sites
Women Build is Habitat’s volunteer program for women who want to learn construction skills and build homes and communities. The goal is for 85% of the effort involved in a project to come from women. However, men are welcome to come work on Women Build sites as long as we are above that threshold.
No experience necessary
If you don’t have any construction skills, don’t worry! Many women come to Women Build sites with no construction skills at all and still make a great impact. Training is provided.
If you want to work on a building site:
- Check the calendar of events to see when we are building where
- Fill out and send us the registration form below to let us know you are coming
- If you have not filled out our Habitat for Humanity Release and Waiver of Liability, please print it out, fill it out and bring it with you
- Wear closed-toed shoes, work gloves if you have them, sturdy clothing, and headgear as needed.
- Bring water to drink on site
Women Build Lowe’s Clinics
As the national underwriter of Habitat’s Women Build program, Lowe’s stores offer free training clinics to Women Build participants. We have clinics coming up in Ithaca and Cortland, which will include the following topics:
- How to safely use power tools
- How to frame for walls and roofs
- How to install exteriorsidingHow to install roofing shingles
- How to install insulation and drywall
- How to finish interior with paint and trim
- How to install flooring
Let us know below if you are interested in participating in a clinic.
Learn, Build Give: Be a Betty
Show your support for TCHFH’s Women Build program by becoming a member of the Betty team. By doing so, you will increase awareness of Habitat for Humanity and our Women Build program and let others know that you care about affordable housing in our community.
Join Our Committee!
Want to help shape the future of our Women Build program–and have some fun in the process? We could really use a few more helping hands/creative minds, so if you’re interested or have any questions, send us a note using the form below!